This is a blog to refelct the things I believe are important to myself and the world (in a very self absorbed and reflective kinda way). Hope you read, learn, laugh and enjoy
Ask me Stuff!
I’m putting it out there. I don’t care who wants to debate me on it.
People of color do not hold enough power to structurally enforce the power dynamic that is racism.
There is a difference between prejudice and racist.
Just because some black girls look at you funny for dating a black man doesn’t make them racist. It makes them feel a hurt they cannot articulate to you without egos being involved. It makes them feel like even our own family thinks we’re not good enough; even the men I love won’t love me back.
She’s staring at you because she likes your outfit and you can’t read her face.
Maybe she doesn’t give a fuck that you have a black boyfriend and you’re in her line of vision. But consider the fact that white beauty is held as the standard that everyone else has to measure up to.
Maybe she’s fucking a white man and is contemplating some sort of irony. Who the fuck knows, but mean mugging ain’t got shit on school closures, lack of employment, being stereotyped and welfare mother or dead beat dads, having and overall lack of proper educational and medical care, and being thought of as, “A cool black_______”.
I have the right to be upset at the disproportionate amount of institutionalized favor given to those who are a members of a particular race. My anger isn’t because I find white people inferior or lesser than myself, my anger is because no matter what the fuck I do, my color is always going to matter more than my gotdamn character. Someone who is white will generally dismiss my grievances of race because of their personal experiences with stereotype, and I’m not allowed to say shit about it.
Fuck that. I’m mad, I’m hurt, I’m heart broken, and most importantly, you have a black friend and that’s suppose to excuse your ignorance.
- anti-racism-media reblogged this from knickied
- olucival reblogged this from girljanitor
- djeezs likes this
- ohtobeoriginal reblogged this from girljanitor
- naturallyd reblogged this from knickied
- svcks likes this
- beautifulacademia likes this
- meri-vontrap likes this
- meri-vontrap reblogged this from knickied
- geekypudding likes this
- call-me-a-feminist-killjoy reblogged this from girljanitor
- curlyhairedblackgirl likes this
- gentlesoul-kindredspirit likes this
- swoonlarry likes this
- jacquid3 likes this
- mysincereapology reblogged this from knickied
- resmc likes this
- kiananoelle reblogged this from knickied
- throughsodevilishafire likes this
- nappysupastar likes this
- nappysupastar reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- sunflobrwn likes this
- priceaboverubies likes this
- amponsah likes this
- fragmentsofsb likes this
- bapgeek likes this
- pinkdaydreamer likes this
- mutatedlove reblogged this from thisisblackwomen and added:
- myjoyf4life likes this
- joffreytargaryen reblogged this from urlsarehardtocomeby and added:
- urlsarehardtocomeby reblogged this from tinyambitiousqueen
- squarerootof25 reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- phatgirlslim88 reblogged this from tinyambitiousqueen
- phatgirlslim88 likes this
- beautyncolor likes this
- sweetandsourkisses01 reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- childofwealth likes this
- sheliahlushae likes this
- chocolatechanny reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- chocolatechanny likes this
- emmmrufff reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- emmmrufff likes this
- tinyambitiousqueen reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- matkija reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- santhonythomas likes this
- blacknsioux reblogged this from thisisblackwomen
- blackmagicalgirlmisandry likes this
- thisisblackwomen reblogged this from knickied
- diamondz28x2 reblogged this from knickied
- quitehonestly likes this